Internet database sulla SToria dellA Musica in PIEmonte
(Internet database on the hiSTory of Music in PIEdmont)
The ISTAMPIE portal – created on the Collective-Access software– integrates the different databases with which the Institute for Musical Heritage in Piedmont has collected, over a period of twenty years of activity, data on its artistic heritage of musical interest.
The portal offers access and consultation of the data collected thanks to the CCFM Project [Project of Census and Cataloging of Music Sources], one of the most extensive descriptive interventions of the Institute which aims to protect and identify not only the heritage bibliographic and archival of the many conservative realities of Piedmont, but also of sources of non-book material, of secondary music sources (such as repertories, treatises, catalogs, etc.), and of the vast and widespread production of music publishers.
The link between the documents, the data traceable here and our territory is therefore very strong.
In particular, thanks to the ISTAMPIE portal it is possible to consult the following types of data:
- Objects: documents of musical interest such as audio cassettes, reels, CDs, cyclostyles and photocopies, records, printed books, printed liturgical-musical books, manuscript liturgical-musical books, manuscript books, printed music, manuscript music, periodical, musical instruments, text for printed music, manuscript music lyrics;
- People: arranger, artists, authors, clients, composers, choreographers, curators, dedicatees, publishers, illustrators, entrepreneurs, interpreters, owners, translators;
- Entities: executors (theaters, philharmonics, choral societies), conservative subjects (academies, archives, associations, bands, libraries, publishing houses, conservatories, institutes, museums, soms, pro-loco);
- Iconographic currents: frescoes, paintings, drawings, miniatures, scupltures, prints;
- Titles of musical prints and Piedmontese music publishers (a rerpertoire of over twenty thousand music works given to the prints by Piedmontese subjects, with relative information on title, publisher, year of printing, auction or editorial number, organic).
The portal, currently being revised, is an open system that continues to accept and integrate the data gradually detected during the various projects of the Institute.